La Conner: (approx. 1 – 1,5 hours north of Seattle). Click on the La Conner link, this is a great web page listing EVERYTHIG you can find in La Conner. There are a lot of small galleries in La Conner that are fun to visit.
- Tulip Festival in April
- Perlindaba Lavendar Store
- Gift Store: Wyman Park: I found that this store has the more unique gifts in town
- La Conner Brewing Company
Leavenworth: (2 hours from Seattle, visit a quaint “Bavarian themed” little town in the Cascade Mountains).
- Full post about where to shop, eat, party and sleep in Leavenworth!
- Oktoberfest in Leavenworth
- Christmas Lighting in Leavenworth
Long Beach: (3,5 hours from Seattle)
- Full Post about Long Beach and Astoria
- Where to stay:
- Lighthouse Oceanfront Resort: Neat Townhomes at the beach, pets allowed
- Shelburne Inn: Historic Bed & Breakfast, older rooms with nice antiques
- Adrift Hotel: new boutique hotel right on the ocean
- Restaurant Recommendations:
- Pickled Fish : Pacific Northwestern Cuisine in a cool atmosphere with Ocean View
- The Lost Roo: offers traditional American as well as some more eclectic food in a casual atmosphere.
- 42nd street café: A little bit more upscale breakfast/lunch/dinner. I love their Beignets for breakfast!
- The Shelburne Inn: is a historic Boutique Hotel which also houses a very well known more upscale restaurant serving Northwest cuisine