Are you looking for a light, quick, easy but still fancy and scrumptious dessert? This is the one to make – Strawberry Mousse with Raspberry Sauce – absolutely delicious! Now that I made it I am surprised that I don’t see it offered more often on dessert menus or at party’s. This for sure will be my go to summer dessert until the apple harvest kicks in! I am glad I tried it out prior to strawberry/rasberry harvest season so that I have a rock solid recipe to go back to when I am drowning in raspberries and strawberries. This time I made strawberry mousse but I am sure you can switch out the fruit and make raspberry mousse with strawberry sauce (or maybe switch out the fruit sauce with a chocolate sauce).
Strawberry Mousse with Raspberry Sauce
- 1 packet unflavored gelatin
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 cups strawberries
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 a cup heavy whipping cream
- Optional: Raspberry sauce: 1 cup raspberries plus 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Dissolve the gelatin in 1/3 cup boiling water. Let cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Put the strawberries into a blender and blend into a sauce.
- Mix the gelatin and strawberry sauce in a bowl and set aside.
- Place egg whites into a mixing bowl and using an electric mixer beat to soft peaks, gradually add sugar beating until dissolved.
- Beat heavy cream in a separate bowl to soft peaks. Fold cream into fruit mixture then fold the beaten egg white into the fruit/cream mixture.
- Chill the strawberry mousse overnight.
- When you are ready to serve the mousse pipe the mousse into shot glasses and garnish with extra whipped cream. If you like to serve it with the raspberry sauce, blend 1 cup of raspberries with 1 tablespoon of powdered sugar and layer the raspberry sauce on the bottom of the dessert glass, then a layer of strawberry mouse and top off with whipped cream.