Hm, the Germany diet is not going so well…I really really wanted to bake cookies and a couple of days ago I finally broke down and baked these super tasty Butter Cookies.I found this recipe on the back of a “Domino Sugar” package and to my surprise they came out great right after the first try – with cookies that’s always a hit or miss when you bake them the first time but no they weren’t too dry or too doughy or too sweet or ugly or flat or difficult to make – they came out just perfect! They look beautiful (I would say really professional) and they taste great. They actually tasted so good, that Mike grabbed the fresh baked cookies and drove them right over to our friends to ensure we are not eating all of them. They will make for some nice “tea cookies” or Christmas cookies or “just because I want to eat a cookie cookie – crunchy on the outside and soft and buttery on the inside.
Ingredients for approximately 60 cookies: (I calculated the calories, makes approx. 50 – 60 calories per cookie)
- 3 sticks of butter, softened, room temperature
- 11/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 3 cups all purpose flower
- a pinch of salt
- 1/2 a teaspoon vanilla extract
- ;1/4 cup powdered sugar for dusting
- a cookie press or a piping bag with a big star tip
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer cream butter, then slowly beat in sugar.
- Add lightly beaten eggs and vanilla.
- Gradually add flour and salt to the sugar/butter mixture and incorporate well
- Fill cookie press or pastry bag with one quarter of dough at a time. Piple cookies onot a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, spacing about 2 inches apart.
- Let cookies cook for 20 minutes in the fridge (I actually put the tray into the freezer for 10 minutes and that worked out fine.
- Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes. If you like your cookies and the drier side let them cool out on the cookie sheet, if you like them moist on the inside transfer the cookies to a rack and let them cool out.
- Dust with powdered sugar and store in an airtight container.