I love chicken wings, especially Mike’s chicken wings, they are the perfect mix of juicy, spicy and crisp – very tasty! You know the “Franks Hot Sauce” Commercial with the old lady saying: “I put this sh*** on everything? Try it on chicken wings, its the best! Just season the wings with salt, pepper and garlic salt, BBQ on medium heat, after 20 minutes pour some Franks Hot Sauce over the wings, crank up the heat and crisp up the wings for 5-8 more minutes. This time though we wanted to try a new flavor and came up with this sticky and spicy Asian chicken wing recipe and it came out great! The trick to chicken wings is to take your time BBQ’ing them and to crisp up the skin at the end.
Asian Chicken Wings:
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 4 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hot chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 1/2 pounds chicken wings
- optional: 2 tablespoons fresh ginger (minced)
- optional: 1 stalk green onions chopped
- In a large bowl whisk together all the ingredients except for the chicken wings. If you are using the ginger and onions add those to the mixture. Set aside half of the sauce mixture to use later.
- Put the chicken wings into a Ziploc bag and pour 1/2 of the marinade into the bag, seal and coat the wings with the marinade. Let the wings marinate for 30 minutes.
- You can either bake the wings in the oven for 30 minutes on 375 degrees or BBQ them on medium heat, moving them constantly so that they don’t burn and up the heat the last 5-8 minutes to crisp up the skin.
- Serve the wings with a crisp salad and more Asian marinade.
2 thoughts on “Asian Chicken Wings”
Really sounds and looks delicious, Dunja! I love all the ingredients in the sauce. I also appreciate the grilling tips you gave. I need to get better at grilling!
Thank you Shari. This time I can not take the credit for the dish – Mike – my husband – came up with the ingredients while I was “demanding” Asian wings, Franks Hot Sauce Wings and BBQ wings ;-). He is also the grill master, so I was just “guest blogging” for my husband. Nevertheless, they are absolutely delish!