Since I work a few days from home I have a challenge around lunch time – what is for lunch? Not having a cafeteria close by I often find myself eating the worst stuff for lunch…meaning whatever I can find laying around like a chocolate bar or bag of chips. So I have started to use this new service called “Hello Fresh” which sends you a box of fresh ingredients and recipe cards and all you have to do is unpack the box and follow the steps.
Today I made Smoky Adobo Chicken Tacos and thought I share the recipe with you. Since its lunchtime I didn’t had a lot of time to take pictures but the recipe is much more important :-).
Smoky Adobo Chicken Tacos:
Ingredients for 2 people
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 red onion
- 1 lime
- 1 can Chipotles in Adobo
- 6 Flour Tortillas
- 1 Mango
- 4 Tablespoon Sour cream
- 1 Avocado
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Crema: Zest one lime, combine with the sour cream and a squeeze of lime. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mango Slaw: Peel the mango and cut into thin strips/matchsticks. Halve, peel and finely chop half the red onion. Mix together and add juice of 1/2 a lime, season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Butterfly the chicken breast, season with salt and pepper and brush both sides with 1 tablespoon of the Adobo sauce.
- Heat oil in a pan and cook the chicken 5-7 minutes from both sides.
- Wrap tortillas into a damp towel and heat up in the Microwave.
- Scoop out the avocado and mash up with a fork and season with a little bit of salt and pepper.
- When the meat is done, thinly slice it, spread the mashed avocado onto the tortillas and top with chicken, mango slaw and lime crema.